In a Non-Emergency & General Contact

If you don't need urgent assistance, or if you just have a general enquiry, you should dial 101 (our non-emergency number).

Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles - no matter how long you're on the phone.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can contact the Police using a text phone through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.

For general enquiries: 01633 838111

If you want to send us a letter by post, please write to:

Gwent Police Headquarters, Croesyceiliog, Cwmbran, NP44 2XJ

If you'd prefer to email us:

Do I need to call the Police?

Another agency might be better placed to provide help with your query. For example:

Your Local Authority can help with a range of issues from on-going anti-social behaviour to stray dogs, littering, fly tipping, travel and parking issues.

If you see a fire, South Wales Fire and Rescue need to be contacted via 999, asking for the Fire Service.

Citizens Advice Bureau  can help you with disputes relating to the return and ownership of or access to children, land and property.  

If the situation requires a Police response, they will direct you to 101.

Find out more about Police services in England and Wales.